SEC FORM 3 SEC Form 3
FORM 3 UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

INITIAL STATEMENT OF BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES

Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
 
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0104
Estimated average burden
hours per response: 0.5
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person*
Lewis Tanya

(Last) (First) (Middle)
C/O KARYOPHARM THERAPEUTICS INC.
85 WELLS AVENUE

(Street)
NEWTON MA 02459

(City) (State) (Zip)
2. Date of Event Requiring Statement (Month/Day/Year)
10/30/2019
3. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol
Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. [ KPTI ]
4. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer
(Check all applicable)
Director 10% Owner
X Officer (give title below) Other (specify below)
EVP,Chief Reg.&Quality Officer
5. If Amendment, Date of Original Filed (Month/Day/Year)
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)
X Form filed by One Reporting Person
Form filed by More than One Reporting Person
Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned
1. Title of Security (Instr. 4) 2. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned (Instr. 4) 3. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 5) 4. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 5)
Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned
(e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivative Security (Instr. 4) 2. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date (Month/Day/Year) 3. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security (Instr. 4) 4. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 5. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 5) 6. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 5)
Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Stock Option (right to buy) (1) 11/29/2028 Common Stock 100,000 10.4 D
Stock Option (right to buy) (2) 10/27/2029 Common Stock 14,470 11.29 D
Restricted Stock Units (3) (3) Common Stock 3,060 (4) D
Explanation of Responses:
1. This option was granted on November 30, 2018. The shares underlying this option vest as to 25% of the shares on November 30, 2019, with the remaining 75% vesting in 36 equal monthly installments thereafter.
2. This option was granted on October 28, 2019. The shares underlying this option vested as to 25% of the shares on October 28, 2020, with the remaining 75% vesting in 36 equal monthly installments thereafter.
3. The restricted stock units vest in four equal annual installments beginning October 28, 2020, the first anniversary of the grant date. Vested shares will be delivered to the reporting person as soon as practicable following each vesting date, but in any event within 30 days of such date.
4. Each restricted stock unit represents a contingent right to receive one share of Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. common stock.
Remarks:
/s/ Christopher B. Primiano, Attorney-in-Fact for Tanya Lewis 11/05/2019
** Signature of Reporting Person Date
Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 5 (b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB Number.
LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR SECTION 16 REPORTING OBLIGATIONS

Know all by these presents, that the undersigned hereby makes, constitutes and
appoints Christopher B. Primiano, signing singly and acting individually, as the
undersigned's true and lawful attorney in fact with full power and authority as
hereinafter described to:
(1)	execute for and on behalf of the undersigned, in the undersigned's capacity
as an officer and/or a director of Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. (the "Company"),
Forms 3, 4, and 5 (including any amendments thereto) in accordance with Section
16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the rules thereunder (the
"Exchange Act");
(2)	do and perform any and all acts for and on behalf of the undersigned which
may be necessary or desirable to prepare, complete and execute any such Form 3,
4, or 5, prepare, complete and execute any amendment or amendments thereto, and
timely deliver and file such form with the United States Securities and Exchange
Commission (the "SEC") and any stock exchange or similar authority, including
without limitation the filing of a Form ID or any other application materials to
enable the undersigned to gain or maintain access to the Electronic Data
Gathering, Analysis and Retrieval system of the SEC;
(3)	seek or obtain, as the undersigned's representative and on the undersigned's
behalf, information regarding transactions in the Company's securities from any
third party, including brokers, employee benefit plan administrators and
trustees, and the undersigned hereby authorizes any such third party to release
any such information to the herein appointed attorney in fact and approves and
ratifies any such release of information; and
(4)	take any other action of any type whatsoever in connection with the
foregoing which, in the opinion of such attorney in fact, may be of benefit to,
in the best interest of, or legally required by, the undersigned, it being
understood that the documents executed by such attorney in fact on behalf of the
undersigned pursuant to this Power of Attorney shall be in such form and shall
contain such terms and conditions as such attorney in fact may approve in such
attorney in fact's discretion.
The undersigned hereby grants to such attorney in fact full power and authority
to do and perform any and every act and thing whatsoever requisite, necessary,
or proper to be done in the exercise of any of the rights and powers herein
granted, as fully to all intents and purposes as the undersigned might or could
do if personally present, with full power of substitution or revocation, hereby
ratifying and confirming all that such attorney in fact, or such attorney in
fact's substitute or substitutes, shall lawfully do or cause to be done by
virtue of this power of attorney and the rights and powers herein granted.  The
undersigned acknowledges that the foregoing attorney in fact, in serving in such
capacity at the request of the undersigned, are not assuming nor relieving, nor
is the Company assuming nor relieving, any of the undersigned's responsibilities
to comply with Section 16 of the Exchange Act.  The undersigned acknowledges
that neither the Company nor the foregoing attorney in fact assume (i) any
liability for the undersigned's responsibility to comply with the requirement of
the Exchange Act, (ii) any liability of the undersigned for any failure to
comply with such requirements, or (iii) any obligation or liability of the
undersigned for profit disgorgement under Section 16(b) of the Exchange Act.

This Power of Attorney shall remain in full force and effect until the
undersigned is no longer required to file Forms 3, 4, and 5 with the SEC with
respect to the undersigned's holdings of and transactions in securities issued
by the Company, unless earlier revoked by the undersigned in a signed writing
delivered to the foregoing attorney in fact.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned has caused this Power of Attorney to be
executed as of this 29th  day of October, 2019.
/s/ Tanya Lewis
---------------------------------
Tanya Lewis